A day in the life of the Binnari team on a research trip
We’ll visit every property before you’ll ever see it – Our team travels to see every property option we recommend (and many others we don’t), so that you don’t have to.Click here to see what the Binnari team get up to on a research trip
Getting to know an area like a local can take month or even years. Fortunately, the Binnari team have been travelling around Australia for many years and have the experience and know how to obtain the information you’ll need before you can make an informed investment decision.
Click below to see an example of an interview the Binnari team conducted with Owen, a waiter at a local café.Read an interview
A day in the life of the Binnari team on a research trip…
6:00am – Binnari team wake up, shower, uber to the airport
7:30am – Grab some food at the airport, then board flight to Brisbane
10:00am – Arrive in Brisbane, collect hire car and travel to first destination
11:00am – Arrive in Yeronga (6kms south of Brisbane) and walk through a completed development of 7 townhouses. Notes from trip:
- The quality of finish was great
- We negotiated access to 4 of the 7 townhouses which had the best layout, most natural light, and largest external space
11:40am – Leave whilst grabbing a coffee and head off to the next site inspection at Alderley
12:15pm – Arrive at the display suite in Alderley and review the masterplan, individual floor plans, quality of the off-plan development. Some key take-aways:
- Sales so far have been 90% to local owner occupier buyers
- We negotiated with the sales manager to secure 2-3 quality townhouses for our investors
12:30pm – Quick lunch at local café (The Tiller Coffee). The local business provided us a great opportunity to conduct an interview with a staff member about the local area
1:00pm – Next stop was checking out a prospective off-plan townhouse development in Everton Hills
- Our concern pre-visit was the amount of townhouse supply in the area
- We noticed similar developments close-by, most of which were investor quality product rather than owner occupier – team Binnari chose to pass on this opportunity
1:30pm – Pulled into a local real estate agent near to ask them about the supply of all the new apartments and townhouses. Local agent confirmed that many of the purchasers were interstate investors and not as much demand for property from local buyers – this won’t be one for Binnari clients
2:30pm – Drove to Newstead and walked through a completed apartment project for a developer
- This gave us a great insight into the developers reputation and track record
- The properties were delivered to a high quality and aimed at local owner occupiers
3:30pm – Met with two independent local property agents to discuss the Newstead property market we talked through:
- Thoughts on potential future supply
- Strength of the rental market
- The demand from local buyers and what it is their looking for in a property
- The top levels 8-14 offered owner occupiers the opportunity to design their own apartments
- Binnari negotiated access to these apartments for a few of our investor clients
4:30pm – We check in to our rooms at the Calile Hotel https://thecalilehotel.com/
5:00pm – Meet with a developer for a drink to discuss future projects. We’ve worked with this developer in the past on some quality Brisbane townhouses, but they haven’t yet secured any new projects that meet our research criteria
6:00pm – Dinner at Hellenika’s https://hellenika.com.au with a local agent who has access to some of Brisbane’s best new projects. Secured exclusive access for Binnari investors in an exciting project of 11 townhouses, 3km from Brisbane’s CBD
8:00pm – Catch up on some work and call it a night
Next day – heck out of the hotel, travel to the Sunshine Coast and do it all over again!
with a local – Owen
How long have you worked here?
We opened in 2013, so coming up to 8 years!
Have you noticed any changes in the area?
Being an inner-city suburb, the area has had a lot of change in the past 5 years we’re meeting new people all the time! Though we still have the old faithful’s who have been coming to us since the very beginning. Fun fact;
Alderly used to be called Three Mile Scrub because it was about that far from the city.
What is your favourite thing about area?
We love the local chimney on Mina Parade. We think it’s a real feature to the area and a throwback to its history.
It’s always a talking point for any new comers to the area.
What kind of people do you think are attracted to the area?
It’s a real mix to be honest. Which we love because it creates a really exciting culture in the community.
What’s your favourite eatery around here?
Definitely the Ploughman Bar!
Where does one get the best coffee?
The Tiller of course!
Where would you grab a beer or wine?
I would have to say The Ploughman Bar again.
Is there much to do around here on a weekend?
There are some beautiful walks and bike rides a long the creek, heaps of local parks around for you to enjoy a BBQ, and lots of easily accessible cafés and restaurants. You would never get bored here!
What would you say makes the area special?
We were just discussing this the other day. We have a growing community of dwellers and small business who really care about making Alderley great. Everyone who lives here loves it here and you can feel that.
Invest like an expert, gain access to exclusive property options
Maybe you’ve invested in property before or possibly it’s your first time. It doesn’t matter, every Binnari client can invest like an expert. Our investors have access to our research philosophy that has been refined over 15+ years and our team work tirelessly to exclusively secure the best performing properties.
Due to the nature of our business, Binnari has a strong network of reputable property partners that have access to quality properties in demand from local buyers. We work with these partners to exclusively secure a percentage of these properties for our investors.View an example property
- A complex of 9, three and four bedroom townhouses
- Located just 4.5 kilometres from Brisbane CBD
- Within 2 kilometres of three major hospital precincts and walking distance to bus & train
- In a tightly held suburb with minimal new townhouse supply
- We secured four of these townhouses for our clients
- One client purchased Townhouse 3 for $699,000 in March 2020
- The townhouses were rented for $650 per week
- As at March 2022, recent sales would suggest that the townhouse is valued at $950,000
- This equates to capital appreciation of 35% or $250,000
- Some of our clients here are now in the process of securing their second investment property through Binnari utilising the equity in this investmen
Speak to our team today
One of our property experts will contact you to discuss the following:
- Get to know your investment objectives
- Take you through Binnari’s unique investment approach
- Preview specific properties that match your investment strategy
We look forward to hearing from you – please enter your details below and we’ll be in touch shortly!